The Academy honours Indian and Foreign nationals who are elected by “peer” committees in recognition of their personal achievements in “Engineering” which are of exceptional merit and demonstrated distinctive eminence in the new and developing fields of technology.
The election to the Academy is by invitation only. Upto 50 Fellows from Academia, R&D and Industry may be elected from the nominations made by Fellows of INAE affiliated to the following Engineering Sections. Under the Rules & Regulations of the Academy, the total number of Fellows at any one time may not exceed 1000.
Presently INAE has 842 Fellows from India and 82 Foreign Fellows on its rolls divided into ten Engineering Sections. Read More
|Engineering Section -I||( Civil Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -II||( Computer and Information Technology)|
|Engineering Section -III||( Mechanical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IV||( Chemical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -V||( Electrical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VI||( Electronics & Communication Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VII||( Aerospace Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VIII||( Mining, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IX||( Energy Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -X||( Interdisciplinary Engineering and Special Fields)|
The last date of receipt of nominations for Indian and Foreign Fellows is March 31 of each year.
Election of Fellows w.e.f. Nov 1, 2018
- Dr. Amrit Ambirajan, Deputy Division Head of Thermal Testing Division and Head of Cryogenics Systems Section, Thermal Systems Group, UR Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bangalore.
- Dr. G Ayyappan, Outstanding Scientist, Programme Director, Space Transportation System, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram.
- Prof. M Balakrishnan, Professor, CSE Department and Deputy Director (Strategy & Planning), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, New Delhi.
- Dr. Biswajit Basu, Dy. Chief Technology Officer, Aditya Birla Science & Technology Co. Pvt. Ltd., Panvel.
- Prof. Bijoy Bhattacharyya, Professor, Production Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Prof. Amitava Chatterjee, Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Mr. MV Dhekane, Distinguished Scientist and Professor, Avionics Department, Indian Institute of Space Science & Technology (IIST), Valiamala, Trivandrum
- Prof. Niloy Ganguly, Professor, Department of Computer Science & Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur.
- Prof. Ravindra Gettu, Prof. VS Raju Chair Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai.
- Prof. Animangsu Ghatak, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur
- Mr Nadir B Godrej, Managing Director-Godrej Industries Ltd. and Chairman, Godrej Agrovet Ltd., Mumbai.
- Dr. R Gopalan, Associate Director, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Mr Rajesh Gopinathan, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Mumbai.
- Dr. Ashwin Gumaste, Associate Professor, Department of CSE, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
- Prof. Ashok Kumar Gupta, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering and Head, School of Water Resources, Environmental Engineering Division Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Kharagpur (W.B.)
- Prof. CV Jawahar, Professor, International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad.
- Dr. Suhas S. Joshi, Rahul Bajaj Chair Professor and Head of Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
- Mr. VK Khilnaney, Director (Operations), Heavy Water Board, DAE, Mumbai.
- Mr. Saurabh Kumar, Managing Director, Energy Efficiency Services Limited, Noida.
- Mr. B.V.R. Mohan Reddy, Founder & Executive Chairman, Cyient Ltd., Hyderabad.
- Prof. Subroto Mukherjee, Senior Professor, Coordinator & Head-LIGO Division, Dean-Academics & Student Affairs, Institute for Plasma Research, Gandhinagar
- Mr. Sanjay Nayak, Founder Tejas Networks, CEO Tejas Networks
- Prof. Ashwin W Patwardhan, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Head, Department of Chemical Engineering, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Prof. Srinivasan Raghavan, Associate Professor, Centre for Nano Science and Engineering and Chair, Intellectual Property and Technology Licensing (IPTeL), Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Prof. C Rajendran, Professor & RAGS Family Foundation Institute Chair, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai.
- Dr. Vijay Kanchanlal Shah, Vice-President, ABB India Ltd., Vadodara
- Prof. PR Vasudeva Rao, Vice-Chancellor, Homi Bhabha National Institute, Mumbai.
- Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India
- Prof. Chennupati Jagadish, Distinguished Professor of Electronic Material Engineering, Head, Semiconductor Optoelectronics and Nanotechnology Group, Department of Electronic Materials Engineering, Research School of Physics and Engineering, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
- Dr. Lawrence L. Kazmerski, Emeritus Research Staff Member, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and Research Professor, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Institute (RASEI), University of Colarado Boulder, USA
- Prof. Samir Suresh Mitragotri, Hiller Professor of Bioengineering, Hansjorg Wyss Professor of Biologically Inspired Engineering and Chair of Bioengineering, School of Engineering & Applied Sciences, Harvard University, USA
- Dr. KR Sridhar, Founder Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Bloom Energy Corporation, USA