Executive Council – INAE Kolkata Chapter
Chairman: Prof. Debatosh Guha
Interim Secretary-cum-Treasurer: Prof. Ranjan Ganguly
Prof. Sankar K. Pal
Prof. Bhargab B. Bhattacharya
Prof. Sivaji Chakravorti
Prof. Samir Kumar Pal
Prof. Subrata Chakraborty
Events by INAE Kolkata Chapter
- September 15, 2020 : The Webinar held on “Artificial Intelligence & Ethics” by Prof. Anupam Basu, FNAE, Director, National Institute of Technology, Durgapur Professor-on-lien, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Kharagpur.
- February 28, 2021 : The National Science Day Lecture – A Talk on “Individual Atoms as Clocks and Bits” by Professor David J. Wineland, Nobel Laureate in Physics 2012 University of Oregon, USA.
- April 22, 2021 : Foundation Day Special Lecture on “Connecting Academic R&D with Product Innovation” by Prof. V Ramgopal Rao, Director, IIT Delhi.
- September 15, 2021 : Engineers’ Day Lecture on “My Personal Journey with IEEE” by Ms Susan Kathy Land, IEEE President.
- March 1, 2022 : Webinars on :
- “The Brave New World of Science Today is but the World of J. C. Bose: Coming Full Circle” by Prof. Ashutosh Sharma, Institute Chair Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur and Former Secretary to the Government of India Department of Science and Technology; and
- “Development of S&T in post independent India” by Dr. Shekhar C. Mande, FNA, Secretary, DSIR & Director General, CSIR.
- May 11, 2022 : National Technology Day 2022 jointly organized by INAE and SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) wherein two lectures were delivered, viz., (i) Prof. Indranil Manna, JC Bose Fellow and Vice-Chancellor, Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Mesra and President, INAE; and (ii) Prof. Suman Chakraborty, Dean (SRIC) and Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur.
- September 15, 2022 : Engineers Day celebrations on the theme “Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution in Kolkata – Challenges and Solutions” wherein lecture was delivered by Rabi Chowdhury, Managing Director (Generation), CESC Ltd.
- January 8-9, 2023 : Prof. Arun Kumar Choudhury Birth Centenary Symposium on the theme “From Switching Theory to Quantum Computing” was jointly organized with Department of Computer Science and Engineering and A.K.Choudhury School of Information Technology, University of Calcutta.
- February 15, 2023 : Lecture on “Space Technology for the Last Mile Application” by Shri Tapan Misra, FNAE, Founding Director & Chief Scientist, SISIR Radar Pvt. Ltd., Kolkata.
- March 1, 2023 : National Science Day Celebrations wherein Inaugural Lecture was delivered by Prof. Indranil Manna, President, INAE; followed by Lecture on “Pattern Recognition, Machine Intelligence to Data Science: Evolution and Challenges” by Prof. Sankar K. Pal, National Science Chair, SERB, Govt. of India, President, Indian Statistical Institute; and Lecture on “R & D is not driven by Profit Alone” by Dr. Arun Bandyopadhyay, Director, CSIR- Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, Kolkata.