Purpose of the Award
To recognise life time contribution in engineering made by eminent persons to any branch of engineering within the purview of the Academy.
Any citizen of India who is not a Member of INAE Council during the year of the Award.
Any citizen of India who has made distinguished contributions in the field of engineering / engineering research / engineering education / technology development / engineering services or management which have brought prestige to the nation and regarded as landmarks of technological excellence in the country, is eligible for nomination. In case the nominee is an INAE Fellow, he/she should not be a member of the INAE Governing Council during the year of the award.
Number of Awards
Upto two Awards in a year. The Academy reserves the right not to recommend an award in any year.
Nominations will be invited from INAE Fellows to be submitted preferably through Digital Platform only. Wherever it is not possible to submit the nominations through Digital Platform despite persistent efforts, in exceptional case, the same can be submitted on the prescribed Proforma indicating a brief statement of outstanding and distinguished contributions of the nominee. Self-nomination of a person shall not be considered. Nominations shall remain valid for three years and renominations shall be accepted.
Last date of Nomination
The last date of receipt of nominations has been extended to May 31, 2021
Selection for the Award
The Selection Committee under the Chairmanship of President with three Vice-Presidents as members will recommend two nominees for conferment of the subject Award to the Governing Council.
Value of the Award
The award shall consist of Rs.5 lakhs in cash and a citation.
Presentation of the Award
The awardees will be requested to deliver an inspirational talk on their exciting engineering experiences during the Academy Annual Convention.
Instructions for submitting online nominations
Eligibility of Nominee
The nominee should not be a member of the INAE Governing Council during the year of the award.
Steps to be followed by Proposer (INAE Fellows)
- INAE Fellow needs to login to his/her account.
- INAE Life Time Contribution Award button appears on dashboard
- Choose Life Time Contribution Award button.
- The nomination page open with two options (i) Fellow Nomination (ii) Non-Fellow Nomination
- Select button as per requirement and fill the form.
- After submitting the form, a print out of the form may be taken for record .
** The nominations can only be proposed by INAE Fellows
Self-Nomination is not allowed
Recipients of Life Time Contribution Award in Engineering 2021
- Mr Senapathy Gopalakrishnan, Co-founder Infosys & Chairman Axilor Ventures.
- Prof MS Ananth, Emeritus Research Fellow, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Madras; and Former Director, Indian Institute of Technology Madras.