Executive Council – INAE Mumbai Chapter
Co-Chair : Prof. SV Kulkarni
Co-Chair : Dr. R.K. Singh
Secretary : Dr. Archana Sharma
Treasurer : Prof. Suparna Mukherji
Events by INAE Mumbai Chapter
- September 15, 2020 : The Webinar held on “Hypothetico-Deductive Construction of New Knowledge in Industrial R&D and Academic Research” by Prof. Vijay M. Naik, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay.
- October 13, 2020 : The Webinar held on “700 MWe Indian Pressurized Heavy Water Reactor” by Shri AK Balasubrahmanian, Director (Technical) Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Mumbai.
- November 10, 2020 : The Webinar held on “Flight demonstration of Indigenous hypersonic air-breathing cruise vehicle” by Prof Debasis Chakraborty, formerly of DRDO and currently the Director of the Centre for Propulsion Technology at IIT Bombay.
- December 17, 2020 : The Webinar held on “High Intensity Superconducting Proton Accelerators (HISPA): Challenges & Achievements” by Mr Srinivas Krishnagopal, Head, Ion Accelerator Development Division, BARC.
- January 27, 2021 : The Webinar held on “Engineering of Carbon Nanotubes and their Applications”.
- February 16, 2021 : The Webinar held on “Implications of NEP-2020 for Engineering Education in India”.
- March 31, 2021 : To celebrate 75th year of independence, the 8th Webinar jointly conducted with Indian Nuclear Society (INS), on implementation strategy of further growth of nuclear power in India on “Outlook for Nuclear Power in India – Utility Perspective” delivered by Shri S. K. Sharma, CMD, NPCIL .
- April 23, 2021 : The Webinar on “Building a Space Telescope” by Prof Varun Bhalerao, Department of Physics, IIT, Bombay.
- June 9, 2021 : Webinar on ‘Production and Utilization of Green Hydrogen’ wherein the following speakers delivered lectures:
- Prof. G.D. Yadav on “Production of Green Hydrogen and The Net Zero Goal: Potential of ICT-OEC Process”.
- Shri Kalyan Bhanja on “Electrolytic production of hydrogen.”
- Prof. Prakash C Ghosh on “Polymer electrolyte fuel cells (PEFCs)”
- Dr A. Shriniwas Rao on “Hydrogen production from various thermochemical cycles”.
- Dr. V. Sudarsan on “Metal hydrides as candidates for Hydrogen Storage Technology”.
- Dr. Suman Roy Choudhury on “Fuel cell PAFC”.
- August 9, 2021 : Webinar on “Future Mobility: E Mobility” wherein the following lectures were delivered:
- Prof KV Krishna Rao, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Bombay, on “Sustainability considerations in mobility options”.
- Dr Rutooj Deshpande, Battery Scientist and CEO, GoVidyouth mobility Pvt Ltd., on “Battery Technologies: Challenges and Opportunities”.
- Prof Sandeep Anand, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, on “EV Power train: R&D Challenges and solutions”.
- Dr Sajid Mubashir, Department of Science and Technology, GoI, on “Four power classes of EV infrastructure”.
- Sri Suman Basu, Head, Energy storage systems, Mahindra EV Technical Centre, on “e-Mobility: A perspective from Industry”.
- October 22, 2021 : Webinar on “Decarbonisation of Cement, Steel & Power sector” wherein lecture was delivered by Mr. Ulhas Parlikar, Global Consultant (Strategies for Waste Management, Circular. Economy, Policy Advocacy, AFRs & Co-processing)
- February 19, 2022 : Webinar on “Why is “Urban Air Pollution” a Regional Misnomer: The India narrative” by Prof. Chandra Venkataraman, FNAE, Interdisciplinary Programme in Climate Studies & Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay.
- May 17, 2022 : Lecture on Computational Fluid Dynamics for Academia and Industries” delivered by Dr. Atul Sharma, Professor, Mechanical Department at IIT Bombay.
- July 1, 2022 : Webinar on “Entrepreneurship: To Be or Not to Be” – lecture by Prof Anuradha Narasimhan, Professor of Practice – IIT Bombay and Board Member – Africa Improved Foods, Rwanda and Frontier Nutrition, Bangladesh.
- July 15-16, 2022 : DAE-BRNS Theme Meeting on Advanced Technologies in Dissimilar Metal Welding (DMW-2022) & DAE Technology Awareness Meet-II jointly organized Beam Technology Development Group and Knowledge Management Group, BARC and Power Beam Society of India (PSI) in association with INAE.