The Academy honours Indian and Foreign nationals who are elected by “peer” committees in recognition of their personal achievements in “Engineering” which are of exceptional merit and demonstrated distinctive eminence in the new and developing fields of technology.
The election to the Academy is by invitation only. Upto 50 Fellows from Academia, R&D and Industry may be elected from the nominations made by Fellows of INAE affiliated to the following Engineering Sections. Under the Rules & Regulations of the Academy, the total number of Fellows at any one time may not exceed 1200. For Frequently Asked Questions on Nomination and Selection Process for Election of Fellows Please click here…
Presently INAE has 894 Fellows from India and 94 Foreign Fellows on its rolls divided into ten Engineering Sections. Read More
|Engineering Section -I||( Civil Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -II||( Computer and Information Technology)|
|Engineering Section -III||( Mechanical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IV||( Chemical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -V||( Electrical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VI||( Electronics & Communication Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VII||( Aerospace Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VIII||( Mining, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IX||( Energy Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -X||( Interdisciplinary and Special Engineering Fields and Leadership in Academia, R&D and Industry)|
The last date of receipt of nominations for Indian and Foreign Fellows is March 31 of each year.
Election of Fellows w.e.f. Nov. 1, 2021
- Prof Vasant A Matsagar, Dogra Chair Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
- Prof KVL Subramaniam, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
- Prof Susmita Sur Kolay, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- Prof Debdeep Mukhopadhyay, Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
- Dr Ramachandran Ramjee, Senior Principal Researcher and Director Intern program, Microsoft Research India
- Dr Gautam Shroff, VP, Chief Scientist & Head, TCS Research, Gurgaon
- Dr Lipika Dey, Principal Consultant, Tata Consultancy Services, Noida
- Mr Vikram Kirloskar, Chairman and Managing Director of Kirloskar Systems Ltd. and Vice Chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor.
- Prof Atul Sharma,Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Dr BK Sreedhar, Scientific Officer H, IGCAR, Kalpakkam
- Dr Sathya Prasad Mangalaramanan, Vice President, Product Development, Ashok Leyland Limited, Chennai
- Prof V. Shankar, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Prof Ravindra D Gudi, Professor & Head, Chemical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay
- Dr Amol Arvindrao Kulkarni, Senior Principal Scientist, Chemical Engineering and Process Development Dept. (CEPD), CSIR‐National Chemical Laboratory, Pune
- Ms Vartika Shukla, Chairperson & Managing Director (CMD), Engineers India Limited, New Delhi
- Dr Ajay Kumar, Secretary, Department of Defence, Govt of India
- Prof Saikat Chakrabarti, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Dr Rahul Tongia, Fellow, Brookings India, New Delhi.
- Prof Yogesh Singh Chauhan, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- Prof Saurabh Lodha, Dept of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- Mr Raghavan Muralidharan, Chief Technology Officer, Tata Advanced Systems Limited, Mumbai
- Prof Mira Mitra, Professor, Department of Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kharagpur.
- Dr Ramesh Sundaram, Chief Scientist; Head Advanced Composites Div (ACD) & Head Centre for Societal Missions and Special technologies (CSMST), CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore
- Dr Sunder Ramasubbu, Research Director, ITW-India Pvt Ltd
- Prof Kantesh Balani, Head, Advanced Centre for Materials Science, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
- Prof Jyotsna Dutta Majumdar, Professor, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Kharagpur and Chairperson, Central Research Facility, IIT Kharagpur
- Prof M. Kamaraj, Professor, Dept of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras
- Dr S.V. S. Narayana Murty, Scientist G and Head, Materials Characterization Division, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvanthapuram
- Dr Satyam Suraj Sahay, John Deere Fellow, John Deere Technology Centre India, Pune
- Dr BK Nashine, Outstanding Scientist and Associate Director, Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, Kalpakkam
- Mr A K Balasubrahmanian, Director (Technical), Retired, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited, Anushakti Nagar
- Prof Giridhar Udapi Rao Kulkarni, President, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bengaluru
- Prof Suparna Mukherji, Professor and Head, Environmental Science & Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Prof Rohit Srivastava, Professor and Head of Department of BSBE, IIT Bombay
- Prof Sandeep Verma, Secretary, Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi
- Dr Ajit Kumar Mohanty, Director, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
Election of Foreign Fellows w.e.f. Nov. 1, 2021
- Prof Mike (Michael) Jon Schlaich, Professor, Chair of Conceptual and Structural Design at the Technische Universität Berlin, Germany; Managing Director of schlaich bergermann partner, sbp
- Prof Arup K Chakraborty, Robert T. Haslam Professor of Chemical Engineering, Professor of Physics, Professor of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Prof Ned Mohan, Regents Professor of the University of Minnesota / University of Minnesota at Minneapolis USA.
- Prof Palghat P Vaidyanathan, Professor of Electrical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA, USA.
- Prof Jürgen Eckert, Director, Erich Schmid Institute of Materials Science of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and Full Professor (Chair “Materials Physics”), Montanuniversität Leoben, Dept. of Materials Science, Leoben, Austria.
- Mr Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google and Alphabet, USA
- Prof Andrew Zisserman, FRS, Professor of Computer Vision Engineering at Oxford University.
- Prof David Jeffery Wineland, 2012 Nobel Prize in Physics, Philip Knight Distinguished Research Chair, Department of Physics, University of Oregon, USA.