The Academy honours Indian and Foreign nationals who are elected by “peer” committees in recognition of their personal achievements in “Engineering” which are of exceptional merit and demonstrated distinctive eminence in the new and developing fields of technology.
The election to the Academy is by invitation only. Upto 50 Fellows from Academia, R&D and Industry may be elected from the nominations made by Fellows of INAE affiliated to the following Engineering Sections. Under the Rules & Regulations of the Academy, the total number of Fellows at any one time may not exceed 1200. For Frequently Asked Questions on Nomination and Selection Process for Election of Fellows Please click here…
Presently INAE has 920 Fellows from India and 98 Foreign Fellows on its rolls divided into ten Engineering Sections. Read More
|Engineering Section -I||( Civil Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -II||( Computer and Information Technology)|
|Engineering Section -III||( Mechanical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IV||( Chemical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -V||( Electrical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VI||( Electronics & Communication Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VII||( Aerospace Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VIII||( Mining, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IX||( Energy Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -X||( Interdisciplinary and Special Engineering Fields and Leadership in Academia, R&D and Industry)|
The last date of receipt of nominations for Indian and Foreign Fellows is March 31 of each year.
Election of Fellows w.e.f. Nov. 1, 2023
- Prof. TG Sitharam, Chairman, All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi.
- Prof. Indumathi M Nambi, Professor, Environmental Division, Department. of Civil Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai.
- Prof. Deepankar Choudhury, Prof. T. Kant Chair Professor (HAG) and Head, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai.
- Prof. Balaraman Ravindran, Professor, & Head, Robert Bosch Centre for Data Science & AI, Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Prof. Utpal Garain, Professor, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata.
- Prof. Sudeshna Sarkar, Professor, Computer Science & Engineering and Centre of Excellence in Artificial Intelligence, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Prof. Madhava Krishna Krishnan, Professor & Head, Kohli Center on Intelligent Systems (KCIS) International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad.
- Mr. Sreenivas Subramoney , Senior Principal Engineer, Director of Processor Architecture, Intel Corporation, Bangalore.
- Mr. Ajai Chowdhry, Chairman-Board of Governors at National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT), Ranchi, Co-Founder HCL.
- Mr. Rajendra Singh Pawar, Chairman and co-founder of NIIT Limited.
- Mr. Satya Narayana Nadella, Executive Chairman and CEO, Microsoft.
- Prof. Dilip Kumar Pratihar, Professor (HAG) , Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Dr. Kanakasabapathi Subramanian, Senior Vice President, Ashok Leyland Ltd., Chennai.
- Dr. Jaiteerth Raghavendra Joshi, Programme Director, LRSAM & Project Director, Indigenous Aircraft Carrier, DRDL, Hyderabad.
- Dr. Nagahanumaiah , Director, Central Manufacturing Technology Institute, Bengaluru.
- Mr. K. Krithivasan, CEO, TCS.
- Prof. Sanjay M Mahajani, Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay
- Prof. Sunil Subhash Bhagwat, Professor of Chemical Engineering and Dean, Academic Programmes, Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- Dr. Chetan Prakash Kaushik, Raja Ramana Fellow, BARC, Dept. of Atomic Energy. Senior Professor, Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Distinguished Scientist (DS) & Former Director, Nuclear Recycle Group, BARC, Mumbai.
- Mr. Madhukar Parekh, Chairman, Pidilite Industries
- Dr. Yusuf K. Hamied, Chairman, Cipla Ltd.
- Prof. Udaya Kumar, Professor and Chair, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Prof. Kishore Chatterjee, Professor & Head, Institute Chair Professor, Electrical Engineering Department, IIT Bombay, Mumbai.
- Dr. Tapan Sahoo, Executive Director (Engineering), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, Gurgaon.
- Prof. M. Jaleel Akhtar, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- Dr. Kamla Prasan Ray, Head & Professor, Electronics Engineering Department, Director, School of Radar Technology, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), DRDO, Pune.
- Prof. Chandra Ramabhadra Murthy, Professor, Department of Electrical Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
- Dr. Dhananjay Ashok Gore, Vice-President Engineering, Qualcomm India Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru.
- Dr. Hirendra Nath Ghosh, Scientific Officer-H, Radiation & Photochemistry Division, BARC, Mumbai.
- Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal, Founder and chairperson of Bharti Enterprises
- Mr. Jitendra Jaishingrao Jadhav, Director & Program Director (Combat Aircrafts), Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA), Bengaluru
- Dr. Rajeev Jyoti, Director Technical, IN-SPACe and Distinguished Scientist, Ex- Associate Director, Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad.
- Prof. Pralay Maiti, Professor (HAG), Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi.
- Dr. Rajkumar Prasad Singh, Senior Director, Kalyani Center for Technology and Innovation, Bharat Forge Limited, Pune.
- Dr. T. Bhaskar, Chief Technology Officer & Senior General Manager, Tata Steel Long Products Limited, Jamshedpur.
- Dr. Avanish Kumar Srivastava, Director, CSIR-Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute, Bhopal.
- Mr. Bhadresh K Shah, Managing Director, AIA Engineering and the Distinguished Alumnus of IIT Kanpur.
- Mr. Pramod Madhukar Chaudhari, Executive Chairman, Praj Industries Ltd., Pune.
- Dr. Sugilal Gopalakrishnan, Outstanding Scientist and Head, Fuel Reprocessing Division, BARC, Mumbai & Senior Professor, HBNI, Mumbai.
- Dr. Umasankari Kannan, Outstanding Scientist, DAE, Head Reactor Physics Design Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai
- Prof. Rekha Satishchandra Singhal, Professor of Food Technology and Head, Food Engineering and Technology Department, ICT Mumbai.
- Dr. Jhillu Singh Yadav, Provost, Director and Trustee, Indrashil University, Ahmedabad.
- Dr. Ramesh Datla, Executive Chairman, Elico Limited, Hyderabad
- Mr. Girish Arun Wagh, Executive Director, Tata Motors Ltd., Mumbai
- Mr. Chander Prakash Gurnani, MD and CEO, Tech Mahindra.
- Dr. Chitra Rajagopal, Director, Centre for Excellence in Process Safety & Risk Management, IIT Delhi and formerly Distinguished Scientist & Director General, Resources, Defence Research & Development Organisation (Retd).
- Dr. M. Ravichandran, Secretary to the Govt. of India, Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India
- Mr. Purnendu Chatterjee, Founder and Chairman of The Chatterjee Group (TCG).
Election of Foreign Fellows w.e.f. Nov. 1, 2023
- Prof. Alan Conrad Bovik, Cockrell Family Regents Endowed Chair Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin, USA. (ES- II -Computer Engineering and Information Technology)
- Prof. Gerald G. Fuller, Professor of Chemical Engineering, Stanford University. (ES- IV -Chemical Engineering)
- Prof. Khaled B. Letaief, , New Bright Professor of Engineering and Chair Professor, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. (ES- VI -Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Prof Vigor Yang, Ralph N Read Chair and Regents’ Professor, School of Aerospace Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA. (ES- VII -Aerospace Engineering)
- Prof Hyoung Seop Kim, Professor, Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH), South Korea. (ES-VIII -Mining, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)