The Academy honours Indian and Foreign nationals who are elected by “peer” committees in recognition of their personal achievements in “Engineering” which are of exceptional merit and demonstrated distinctive eminence in the new and developing fields of technology.
The election to the Academy is by invitation only. Upto 50 Fellows from Academia, R&D and Industry may be elected from the nominations made by Fellows of INAE affiliated to the following Engineering Sections. Under the Rules & Regulations of the Academy, the total number of Fellows at any one time may not exceed 1000.
Presently INAE has 861 Fellows from India and 84 Foreign Fellows on its rolls divided into ten Engineering Sections. Read More
|Engineering Section -I||( Civil Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -II||( Computer and Information Technology)|
|Engineering Section -III||( Mechanical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IV||( Chemical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -V||( Electrical Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VI||( Electronics & Communication Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VII||( Aerospace Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -VIII||( Mining, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -IX||( Energy Engineering)|
|Engineering Section -X||( Interdisciplinary and Special Engineering Fields and Leadership in Academia, R&D and Industry)|
The last date of receipt of nominations for Indian and Foreign Fellows is March 31 of each year.
Election of Fellows w.e.f. Nov. 1, 2020
- Prof MM Ghangrekar, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Prof Chandra Shekhar Prasad Ojha, Professor and Head, Civil Engineering Department, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
- Dr Subramanian Narayanan, Chief Executive (Proprietor) / Retired from Computer Design Consultants.
- Prof Naveen Garg, Professor, Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Prof Sudip Misra, Professor, Department of CSE, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Dr Harrick Mayank Vin, TCS Fellow and Chief Services Innovation Officer, Tata Consultancy Services, Hadapsar Industrial Estate.
- Dr Suparna Bhattacharya, Distinguished Technologist, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Bangalore.
- Dr Pramod Kumar, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Prof Amitava Datta, Professor, Department of Power Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Prof Soumitra Paul, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur.
- Dr R Balasubramaniam, Head, Design and Manufacturing Section, BARC, Mumbai.
- Prof Kamal Kishore Pant, Head and Petrotech Chair Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi.
- Prof Pushpavanam Subramaniam, Institute Chair Professor, Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
- Dr Janhavi Sanjay Raut, R&D Director, Human Microbiome Science & Technology Platform, Unilever R&D, Bangalore.
- Prof Anil M Kulkarni, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- Prof Umanand Loganathan, Professor, Dept Electronics System Engg, IISC, Bangalore.
- Prof Indra Narayan Kar, Dept of Elect Engg, IIT Delhi.
- Dr Akhilanand Pati Tiwari, Outstanding Scientist, Dept of Atomic Energy, BARC, Trombay.
- Prof M V Kartikeyan, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- Prof Maryam Shojaei Baghini, Professor, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay.
- Prof Jayadeva, Institute Chair Professor, Department of Electrical Engg, IIT Delhi.
- Dr Chandrakanta Kumar, Scientist/Engineer – ‘SG’; Head, Electromagnetics Section U R Rao Satellite Centre, Indian Space Research Organization, Bangalore.
- Dr Ravikumar CP, Director Talent Development, Texas Instrument, Bangalore.
- Mr MS Suresh, Dy. Director, CPE& Project Director SP&P, LPSC, ISRO, Trivandrum.
- Dr VR Lalithambika, Outstanding Scientist, Deputy Director, CGSE, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Dr Raja Samikkannu, Professor (AcSIR) and Chief Scientist (Sc. G) / CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore.
- Prof Umesh V Waghmare, Professor and Dean, Academic, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore.
- Dr G Padmanabham, Director, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy & New Materials (ARCI), Hyderabad.
- Dr Harish C Barshilia, Chief Scientist and Head, Surface Engineering Division, CSIR-NAL, Bangalore.
- Dr Dinesh Srivastava, Chief Executive, Nuclear Fuel Complex, DAE, ECIL(PO), Hyderabad.
- Prof Suddhasatwa Basu, Director, CSIR-Institute of Minerals & Materials Technology Bhubaneswar.
- Dr Arun Kumar Nayak, Outstanding Scientist, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Trombay, Mumbai.
- Dr Anuradda Ganesh, Director, Research, Innovation and Compliance, Cummins Technologies India Pvt. Ltd., India Office Campus, Balewadi, Pune.
- Prof Soumyo Mukherji, Institute Chair Professor, Department of Biosciences and Bioengineering, IIT Bombay.
- Prof Samir Kumar Pal, Senior Professor, Department of Chemical, Biological and Macromolecular Science, SN Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata.
- Dr Ambarish Ghosh, Centre for Nano Science and Engineering, IISC, Bangalore.
- Dr Sharmila S Mande, Chief Scientist, TCS Research, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. New Delhi.
- Dr SSV Ramakumar, Director (R&D), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Faridabad.
Fellows Elected under Rule 37(g) of the Academy – 2020
- Mr. SK Roongta, Non-Executive Chairman of Bharat Aluminum Co. Ltd (BALCO).
- Dr. Ravindra Dattatraya Kulkarni, Elkay Chemicals Pvt, Ltd, Founder and Managing Director; Silicone International Products; Partner, Arklite Speciality Lamps Pvt. Ltd, Founding Director, Aeropure UV Systems Pvt Ltd, Founding Director, Litex Electrical Pvt. Ltd, Pune.
Election of Foreign Fellows w.e.f. Nov. 1, 2020
- Prof Nemkumar (Nemy) Banthia, Professor, University of British Columbia, Canada.
- Prof Jayathi Y Murthy, Dean of Engineering and Distinguished Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, USA.
- Prof Nicholas A Peppas, Cockrell Family Regents Chair in Engineering with joint appointments in the Departments of Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Paediatrics, and courtesy appointments in the Departments of Surgery and Perioperative Care, and Molecular Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery at The University of Texas at Austin, USA.
- Mr Bipin V Vora, Consultant; Petroleum refining and Petrochemical Processes; UOP/ Honeywell Fellow-Retired, USA.
- Prof Chanan Singh, Regents Professor and Irma Runyon Chair Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Texas A&M University, USA.
- Prof Jyotirmoy Mazumder, Robert H. Lurie Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science & Engineering, University of Michigan, USA.