“INAE Expert Groups” to Prepare Technology Roadmaps with Actionable Recommendations
INAE’s activities include programmes on issues of technology policy and overall development for the benefit of society, and the Academy promotes research projects, pilot studies, engineering education, fellowships, scholarships, awards and other benefactions. Seminars/Workshops/ Round Tables are conducted on topics of current national importance. The actionable recommendations emanating from the deliberations are submitted to the concerned Department/ Government agencies to assist in formulation of national policies.
INAE has recently instituted “INAE Expert Groups” to Prepare Technology Roadmaps with Actionable Recommendations. The objective of INAE Expert Groups is to develop a comprehensive technology road map with actionable recommendations on selected engineering themes or domains to help the country (government, funding agencies, educational institutions, research organizations, industry and users) formulate a policy, strategy and/or roadmap for implementation.
The Expert Groups will comprise of a team of experts from the Fellowship of INAE. The chairman and/or convener will be identified along with the preparation of the proposal. The team may co-opt a few more members outside the fellowship as experts, consultants or invitees, as appropriate to strengthen the activities envisaged, including organizing the seminars, meetings and preparing the report.
Since this activity pertains to INAE fellows, the details can be viewed through Member access login for INAE fellows. The Form and Guidelines along with Office memorandum can be accessed by CLICKING HERE
List of approved Expert Groups
- Expert Group on “Industrial By-products (IBPs) for Sustainable Infrastructure Development” with Prof. DN Singh, IIT Bombay as the Principal Investigator.
- Expert Group on “Infrastructure and Resource Requirements for Introduction of Automation and its Adoption in the Mineral Sector of India: A Stakeholder Engagement” with Prof. Jayanta Bhattacharya, IIT Kharagpur as the Principal Investigator.
- Expert Group on on “Green Hydrogen in the Indian Economy – Technology Outlook for the Energy Transition” by Dr. Ashish Lele, Director, CSIR-NCL, Pune as the Principal Investigator.
- Expert Group on “Accelerated Materials Discovery, Scale-up and Exploitation Strategy for Strategic Materials Needs of India” by Dr. Biswajit Basu, Former Dy. CTO & Head, Aditya Birla Science & Tech Co. Pvt. Ltd as the Principal Investigator.
- Expert Group on “Technology roadmap for capture and conversion (CCUS) of CO2 to value added chemicals” with Prof KK Pant, IIT Delhi as the Principal Investigator.
- Expert Group on “Advanced Microwave-Terahertz wave Technology & Applications- Way Ahead for India” with Dr Lalit Kumar, Ex-Chairman, CEPTAM, Ex-Director, MTRDC-DRDO, Bangalore as the Principal Investigator.